Marathon Training Plans for everyone,
from First timers to Boston qualifiers.
Do you want to run a marathon?
Are you looking for a marathon training schedule?
Have you run a marathon, and now you want to run a faster one or even qualify for the Boston Marathon?
Well, congratulations and welcome to Smart-Marathon-Training.com. Few things are more rewarding and give pride of accomplishment like completing a marathon.
This site helps you train your body to run the best marathon that you can run by providing you information about training techniques, training plans, injuries, injury prevention, nutrition and gear.
photographs courtesy of Philip Greenspun
But more importantly, we help you understand and improve one of the best indicators of endurance performance. Your anaerobic threshold. Also known as lactate threshold, this threshold dictates exactly how fast you can run a marathon without being forced to stop due to eventual exhaustion.
When you understand, measure, and train your lactate threshold you will see steady performance gains. So let's get going! Follow the links on the left or the table of content links below.
You'll find some History about the marathon and information about the Boston Marathon and qualification standards. You can jump right in to the Training page to get an overview of the various training runs that you will be doing during your particular marathon training program.
From there, check out the heart of this site on the Heart Rate page. There we will go into detail about heart rate training, lactic acid, VO2 Max, and your anaerobic threshold.
After the ground work is laid, you can then check out the various Training Plans for everyone from beginners to advanced runners. These marathon training plans will be tailored to your specific heart rate zones and anaerobic threshold.
And, of course, we have information about common Injuries, Injury Prevention, Shoes, Nutrition, and some specific advice for the Half Marathon.
Thank you for coming, and check back often as content and information are constantly added and updated.
- History of the Marathon: Battle of Marathon, Olympics, Distance, & World Record
- History of the marathon, the battle of marathon, the marathon in the olympic games, how long is a marathon, what is the marathon world record.
- Your Boston Marathon Information Page
- Boston Marathon Information: Qualifying Times, Course, Winners, everything you need to know.
- Free Marathon Training Schedule
- Your marathon training schedule. Plans and programs for beginners, intermediate runners and advanced runners. First timers to Boston qualifiers, get your free schedules.
- Training for a Marathon? Find out how.
- Advice for beginners and verterans who are training for a marathon. Speed training, endurance training, hill training, and cross training.
- Heart Rate Training
- Heart Rate Training. Find the perfect balance of stress and recovery in your marathon training with heart rate training.
- Most Common Running Injuries
- Common running injuries symptoms, causes, home treatment methods, and how to avoid them to run injury free.
- Marathon Injury Prevention
- Best methods for injury prevention during your marathon training.
- Contribute to Marathon Training
- Would you like to share your knowledge about marathon training? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.